Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A castle of my own

Welcome to my new blog! The kanji you can read under "Aesthetic Revolution" are read "tanbikakumei". It's a concept with multiple meanings for me. First, I borrowed it from Japanese artists with a particular view on aesthetics, such as Kaya and Versailles. Second, I like Aestheticism ("art for art's sake") as an artistic movement. I'd like to share two awesome definitions of this word I found with you:
1- Devotion to and pursuit of the beautiful; sensitivity to artistic beauty and refined taste.
2- The doctrine that beauty is the basic principle from which all other principles, especially moral ones, are derived.


I am a pursuer of beauty. I look for it in paintings, books, music, people's faces, the human mind. I want to transcend old definitions of myself such as "manga lover", "lolita", "Japanophile", or "poet", and look inward at myself as a complex being with many likes and dislikes, different sources of inspiration and dreams I'd like to share with you all. I know that many of my friends are artists and I would like to open a window to their works -not only my own- through links and images too.

1 comment:

  1. "2- The doctrine that beauty is the basic principle from which all other principles, especially moral ones, are derived."


    Oh my goodness, I had no idea that was a definition! That sounds remarkably like my own life theory that I had reached without reading this, who new that it tied so directly with such a key word as Aestheticism.

    ReplyDelete